Thursday, September 10, 2009

CREW'S MELANIE SLOAN PROFILED IN OPRAH MAGAZINE'S POWER LIST | Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington

CREW'S MELANIE SLOAN PROFILED IN OPRAH MAGAZINE'S POWER LIST Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington
...Mine is a very wearing job—you get rid of bad guys and then more appear. It's never done. But here is what's great: When I pick up the paper and read something terrible, I don't just think, "Wow, that is awful and I hope somebody does something about it." I read it and go, "Wow, what can I do about that today?" Yes, it's hard to fight for what you believe in, but hard is never a reason not to fight. My mom would say I've always had an innate sense of fairness and justice. But I also went to a Quaker high school and took their values of social justice to heart. So even if I alienate all of Washington, I'm not afraid. In fact, when people start attacking me, I'm happy. It means I'm getting to them, and that means I'm doing my job...
Shared via AddThis

No comments:

Post a Comment

If your comment does not appear in 24 hours, please send your comment directly to our e-mail address:
parentscoalitionmc AT outlook.com