Thursday, June 5, 2014

MCEA Withdraws Its Endorsement Of Barclay In Wake Of Credit Card Controversy

...In a brief conversation Wednesday evening, Barclay reiterated earlier comments that he plans to remain in the race, and later issued a statement declaring in part: “I am disappointed in the decisions of MCEA and SEIU.  I have stood with [Montgomery County Public School] employees to make sure they got pay increases, to fend off furloughs and to make sure that they could maintain affordable health benefits when times got tough.  It's too bad they couldn't do the same for me.”
The MCEA decision appears to be the first time the group has rescinded the endorsement of a candidate in the midst of a campaign...

1 comment:

  1. "I have stood with [Montgomery County Public School] employees to make sure they got pay increases... It's too bad they couldn't do the same for me.”

    Translation: "I want to be on the County Council because it pays more than being on the Board of Education."

    ReplyDelete

If your comment does not appear in 24 hours, please send your comment directly to our e-mail address:
parentscoalitionmc AT outlook.com