Thursday, July 17, 2014

My Two Cents: MCPS And The Third Rail

by Joseph Hawkins 
This past Monday, I listened to some of the County Council’s discussion of the achievement gap in our public schools. I didn’t listen to all three-plus hours, but I heard enough to know that the issue of changing school boundaries is a serious third rail among Board of Education members. 
As a possible gap-closing strategy, changing boundaries was discussed because study after study in Montgomery County reveals that low-income MCPS students perform better when they attend public schools where the student body is economically diverse... 
http://www.bethesdanow.com/2014/07/16/my-two-cents-mcps-and-the-third-rail/

No comments:

Post a Comment

If your comment does not appear in 24 hours, please send your comment directly to our e-mail address:
parentscoalitionmc AT outlook.com