Tuesday, January 26, 2016

NEW LAUSD SUPERINTENDENT MICHELLE KING TO STUDENTS: DREAM BIG

...King was chosen to lead the nation's second largest school district last week. She was an LAUSD student and has been with the district for more than 30 years as a teacher and an administrator.
King served as deputy superintendent under Ramon Cortines, who recently retired, and former superintendent John Deasy.
"I'm a product of this district, and I think I represent what L.A. Unified can do," King said.
The mother of three is the first female superintendent of the LAUSD in more than 80 years, and she's the first African-American woman to have the job.
"I'm hopeful that I'm an inspiration to the students. They've told me that they have a good feeling about it, so has the staff, so I am excited," she said...
http://abc7.com/education/lausd-superintendent-michelle-king-to-students-dream-big/1166971/


No comments:

Post a Comment

If your comment does not appear in 24 hours, please send your comment directly to our e-mail address:
parentscoalitionmc AT outlook.com